Thursday, July 11, 2013

So, I Hate This... Breyer's Frozen Dairy Dessert

The other day hubs went and bought a ton of Breyer's ice cream. Oreo, Reese's, Rocky Road, mmmmmm. I was in heaven with the plethora of delectable choices that would soon be gracing my palate.

So I commenced in our nightly ritual, ice cream and TV after the wee one drifts off to sleep (or screams herself to sleep, same difference). As I began to rip open the packaging I noticed something...strange. The cartons before me were labeled "Frozen Dairy Dessert" and not "Ice Cream." Huh.

     "Hey hubs," I hollered. "The ice cream says frozen dairy dessert. Weird, right?"

     "What the hell is frozen dairy dessert?" he shouted.

     "Fuck if I know."

So we ate it. It was... off. Artificial tasting. I didn't know if my head was wrapped around the terminology or if I was really tasting something that bad. I've never met a frozen treat that I hated, but hate was what was bubbling inside of me at that moment.

But I gave it another shot. The next night I decided to try the Rocky Road.

Blasphemy, I tell you!

There were no marshmallows, just a sickly sweet paste that vaguely tasted of marshmallow fluff. The chocolate didn't taste like chocolate. And the almonds were almost mushy.

I would rather eat sugar free ice cream than the horror that was melting in my bowl. I actually threw it away.

You read that right. I THREW AWAY ICE CREAM!

Sorry, "Frozen Dairy Dessert."

So to Breyer's, a big FU. You're dead to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment