Thursday, July 18, 2013

So, I Ate This... Linguine with Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese

My husband hates zucchini. And walnuts. So I decided to cook with both of those last night. Muahahahahaha.

He liked it. Foiled again!

I made Real Simple magazine's Linguine with Summer Vegetables and Goat Cheese. I had a zucchini left over from our CSA box, and only had to buy walnuts and goat cheese.

Mmmmmm...
It was good, almost really good. It would have been better if I hadn't effed some things up (by some things I mean multiple, if not many things).

First: It calls for 2 ears of corn to yield 2 cups of kernels. How freaking big are your ears of corn, Real Simple!? I barely got 1 cup from 2 ears. So, yeah, double that shit.

Second: I burned the walnuts. My fault. Instructions say "until fragrant." I detected their fragrance at about 6 minutes, burned them by 8. Not black, charred, ashy burned, but "crispy," as my mother would say.

Third: Don't be like me. Read the packages carefully when you purchase items like goat cheese. I unknowingly bought honey goat cheese*. It was good, though not what the recipe called for.

Fourth: Apparently spiders love fresh oregano, cause they decimated my oregano plant. I used dried instead. Boo.

I'm making this again. And I'll make it right, damn it.

*Note to manufacturers: Please don't put writing on your packages in a faint "honey" color. I can't see that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment